• RSS News from Palestine

    • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
  • RSS المنار

    • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
  • RSS أخبار فلسطين

    • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
  • web tracker
  • Advertisements

This is what zionist failure and defeat look like: part of Reuters headline: Israel’s toilet-paper rules for Gaza

If this is what zionist “victory” and “achievements” look like, I don’t know what their defeat would look like…. Read on to get a sense of how close the liquidation of the terrorist neo-nazi state of ‘israel’ is to becoming a reality.

U.S. queries Israel’s toilet-paper rules for Gaza

JERUSALEM (Reuters) – The United States is protesting to Israel over seemingly random restrictions on deliveries to the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip of harmless goods such as soap and toilet paper, diplomats said Wednesday.

Diplomats fear day-to-day crisis management on Gaza was diverting the United States and other Western governments from bigger issues like the goal of restarting peace negotiations for a Palestinian state.

In one case, Israel blocked for weeks a World Food Program (WFP) shipment of chickpeas, used to make the Palestinian food staple hummus, the U.N. food agency said.

“We’re certainly asking the Israelis questions about this,” a U.S. official said of the restrictions on what is allowed into Gaza.

A Western official said: “The Americans and international NGOs (non-governmental organizations) are raising their concerns… We’re protesting.”

Israel says it has opened Gaza’s border crossings to larger amounts of food and medicine since a January military offensive that killed about 1,300 Palestinians, destroyed 5,000 homes and left large swathes of the coastal enclave in ruins.

But U.S. and Western officials complain the limited list of humanitarian goods that Israel allows into Gaza changes almost daily, creating major logistical problems for aid groups and donor governments which are unable to plan ahead.

Protests have been made to Israel via diplomatic channels, and have increased since last week’s visit by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, U.S. and Western officials said.

“It is totally surreal,” one European diplomat said of Israeli decision-making. “One day we had 600 kg (1,300 pounds) of pasta at the Kerem Shalom crossing but they said, ‘Today, pasta can’t go in’.”

Another Western diplomat said: “It’s ever-changing. One week jam is okay and the next week it’s not.”

In addition to soap and toilet paper, the officials cited restrictions that come and go on imports of certain types of cheeses, toothbrushes and toothpaste.

Israeli defense official Peter Lerner said in response: “I’m not aware of any problems with toilet paper, toothpaste, dairy products … and other food stuffs. Basic necessities are being met and are going in on a daily basis.”

TRANSITIONAL STALL?

Diplomats said the current political transition in Israel was part of the problem, with many decisions on access to Gaza and demolitions in Arab East Jerusalem of Palestinian homes being taken by relatively low level bureaucrats that are slow to change and hard to influence.

The Jewish state held a parliamentary election on Feb 10 but rightist prime minister-designate Benjamin Netanyahu is still in the process of forming a coalition government.

In addition to pushing for expanded humanitarian access to Gaza, the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama has protested the East Jerusalem demolition plans.

The European Union have also protested to Israel about access to Gaza and its actions in Jerusalem.

In a letter of response, obtained by Reuters, Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni and Defense Minister Ehud Barak said Israel was cooperating with international organizations and would keep Gaza’s border crossings open to humanitarian assistance “for exclusively civilian needs.”

Israel has long banned military equipment and most commercial goods from entering Gaza, and those restrictions may hinder a multibillion-dollar reconstruction plan backed by Western and Arab governments.

Advertisements

At last, a courageous American: Chas Freeman slams parasitical zionazi control of the U.S.

Except that only those who have resigned their posts or withdrawn their candidacy are ever allowed or dare to speak the truth about the zionazi tentacles that stretch deep into every aspect of American foreign (and domestic) policy-making. But, at least there are still a few independent and brave minds left in america that dare speak out against zionazi agitation, agitation being one of the many tactics utilized by the zionazis in their quest to maintain their domination of the U.S and the whole world.

U.S. official slams Israel ‘lobby’ after withdrawing from post

Ha’aretz

Charles (Chas) Freeman, who was slated to be picked as the new chairman of the National Intelligence Council, slammed the Israel ‘Lobby’ Wednesday after withdrawing his candidacy for the post the previous day.

“I regret that my willingness to serve the new administration has ended by casting doubt on its ability to consider, let alone decide what policies might best serve the interests of the United States rather than those of a Lobby intent on enforcing the will and interests of a foreign government,” Freeman said in a statement to Foreign Policy.

Freeman’s withdrawal was announced in Washington by Dennis Blair, the director of National Intelligence. Since news of Freeman’s nomination, Jewish organizations have leveled criticism at the pick due to his history of opposition to Israel’s policies in the Palestinian territories.

He added that, “The outrageous agitation that followed the leak of my pending appointment will be seen by many to raise serious questions about whether the Obama administration will be able to make its own decisions about the Middle East and related issues.”

Some lawmakers protested about remarks he made in the past on Israeli “oppression” of Palestinians, and about China.

Freeman’s withdrawal came just hours after Blair defended him in Congress as a man of “strong views, of an inventive mind and the analytical point of view.”

“I think I can do a better job if I’m getting strong analytical viewpoints to sort out and pass on to you and to the president than if I am getting pre-cooked pablum judgments that don’t really challenge,” Blair told the Senate Armed Services Committee earlier on Tuesday.

The intelligence council that Freeman had been picked to head prepares the formal assessments by U.S. intelligence agencies of major issues such as Iran’s nuclear capability.

The council also produced a controversial, and inaccurate, prewar assessment in 2002 that Iraq was continuing its weapons of mass destruction programs. Former President George W. Bush’s main justification for the U.S.-led war he launched in 2003 was the threat of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction.

The National Intelligence Council position does not require Senate confirmation.

But Freeman’s past remarks on Israel and a comment seen as condoning China’s Tiananmen Square crackdown, have stirred controversy. He is quoted as saying in 2007 that “The brutal oppression of the Palestinians by Israeli occupation shows no sign of ending,” and “American identification with Israel has become total.”

Freeman’s professional ties had also come under scrutiny from critics. He had served on the board of the China National Offshore Oil Co. and as president of the Middle East Policy Council, a Washington think tank funded at least in part by Saudi Arabia.

Freeman is a former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia and assistant secretary of defense for international security. He was also a senior U.S. diplomat in China in the 1980s.

The zionazi conspiracy against Sudan

So ICC issued an arrest warrant against Sudan’s President Omar al-Bashir  for alleged war crimes for which no proof has been provided, while zionazi war criminals and terrorists, whose crimes in Lebanon and Palestine have been thoroughly documented, go around freely and are even warmly welcomed in western capitals or visited in occupied Palestine by zionists’ slaves, the Americans (and westerners in general). How surprising. This blatant hypocrisy is enough to show that the zionazis rule the world and spin things however they want, and then mock those who speak the truth about their reach, by accusing them of being “conspiracy theorists.” Well, if this is a conspiracy theory, I don’t know what truth would look like:

Sudanese rebel leader meets with Israeli spies

The Associated Press   February 16, 2009

JERUSALEM: A powerful Sudanese rebel leader met secretly with top Israeli espionage officials in Israel earlier this month, Israeli defense officials said Monday.

The officials would not disclose the substance of the talks between Abdulwahid Elnur of the Sudan Liberation Movement and officials from Israel’s Mossad spy agency. Israel claims weapons have reached Gaza Strip militants via Sudan and that Palestinian militants operate there.

The meeting took place on the sidelines of a security conference Elnur attended, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the meeting was confidential. The Defense Ministry had no immediate comment.

Last year, Elnur’s group opened an office in Israel, which granted temporary residency status to 600 Sudanese who fled the massacres in their country’s vast western Darfur region.

“We must forge new alliances, no longer based upon race or religion, but upon shared values of freedom and democracy. This is why we opened a representative office in Israel,” he said at the time.

Elnur has said in the past that he favors establishing ties with Israel and opening an Israeli Embassy in Khartoum.

Sudan considers Israel an enemy state and has no diplomatic relations with it. Elnur could not immediately be reached for comment Monday.

Elnur fled to France in 2007 and has lived in exile since.

The SLM was founded in 1992, three years after President Omar al-Bashir took power in a military coup, and took up arms in 2003, the year the war in Darfur began. Today it is the largest rebel group, though it has fractured into splinter movements.

The U.N. estimates 300,000 people have died in Darfur, directly from attacks or indirectly through starvation, and 2.5 million more have been driven from their homes.

The International Criminal Court, based in The Netherlands, is expected to decide soon whether to issue an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir in connection with atrocities in Darfur.

Sudan’s government denies the war crimes and genocide accusations and has dismissed the court as a conspiracy against Sudan. It also says the U.N. death toll estimates are grossly inflated.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2009/02/16/news/ML-Israel-Sudanese-Rebel.php

Darfur rebel leader visited Israel

Ha’aretz 16/02/2009

The leader of one of the rebel groups in Sudan’s Darfur region recently visited Israel to discuss with a senior Israeli official the situation in Sudan.

Abdel Wahid al-Nur is the head of the Sudan Liberation Movement. While in Israel, he met with the senior official and discussed with him the ongoing conflict in Sudan.

Al-Nur came to Israel earlier this month at his own initiative, to attend the annual Herzliya Conference. He came with a group of European Jews, most of them French, who have been active on behalf of the Darfur refugees. He did not speak at any of the sessions, but did observe several.

At the conference, he was introduced to the senior official, and the two arranged a meeting, which took place a few days later.

The Defense Ministry responded, “In the interests of national security, various and sundry meetings are held. We are not in the habit of giving responses after each of these meetings.”

The Sudan Liberation Movement was founded in 1992. It is a secular group that opposes the Islamist regime of Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, and its official stated goal is to turn Sudan into a democracy that grants equal rights to all its citizens. However, it also has a military wing that has been fighting government forces in Darfur since 2001.

Close ties

Al-Nur fled to France in 2007 and has not been back to Sudan since then. He has won support from international human rights organizations and is considered very close to French Jewish philosopher Bernard-Henri Levy.

In the past, he has spoken in favor of establishing diplomatic ties between Sudan and Israel, and a year ago, he even announced that his movement was opening an office in Tel Aviv, staffed by Sudanese refugees who found asylum in Israel after fleeing the massacres committed by Bashir’s forces in Darfur.

However, this was his first visit here.

Israel currently has more than 600 Darfur refugees, and Ehud Olmert’s government decided to grant them all asylum and work permits. This decision was made in part because Bashir’s government announced that any Sudanese refugee who set foot in Israel would be considered a “Mossad agent” and would therefore be sentenced to death should he or she ever return to Sudan.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1064417.html

Racism bad, except when targets are Muslims

Former judge wants to bar Muslims from scholarships

A retired judge wants two Ontario universities to bar Muslim students from being awarded scholarships he has established, though the spokesperson for one institution says her school won’t support a proposal that “flies in the face of everything we stand for.”

Paul Staniszewski said he objects to the “medieval violence” used by the Taliban — such as when Taliban militants recently kidnapped and beheaded Polish engineer Piotr Stanczak — and he wishes to “disqualify” Muslim students from receiving financial aid he has paid for.

“I’m reacting to what’s going on to people who aren’t even soldiers, who are having their heads beheaded and this stuff is shown on the TVs and everything else,” Staniszewski told CTV.ca in a phone interview from his Tecumseh, Ont., home, just outside of Windsor.

“I am doing the same thing these people are doing, except I’m not cutting off heads, I’m cutting off applications for help in their studies,” he added later in the interview.

Staniszewski, who is in his 80s, has established scholarships at both the University of Windsor and York University’s Osgoode Hall Law School.

The University of Windsor website lists three $1,000 scholarships under the name of the judge and his wife, and the York University website lists an award that is also named after the couple.

According to the description of The Honourable Paul I.B. and Mrs. Tevis Staniszewski Award, the retired judge graduated Osgoode in 1954 and practiced law for 13 years until he was appointed as a federal judge in 1967.

Staniszewski said he has attempted to contact both schools about his idea, though he told CTV.ca that he has only made contact with York University so far.

“They told me to put that in writing and they’ll take it up with the board,” he said.

York University spokesperson Alex Bilyk said he had no comment on the issue.

University of Windsor spokesperson Lori Lewis said the school could never support such a measure, though she said it was her understanding the administration had not been contacted about the matter.

“It goes without saying that our position is that we don’t discriminate against our students and that is not an acceptable restriction,” Lewis told CTV.ca.

“It’s against the law and it flies in the face of everything that we stand for at this university,” she added.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090225/judge_scholarships_090225/20090225?hub=Canada